Friday, 26 November 2010

wafa hourani

I have been Inpired by wafa hourani piece Qalandia 2067 . 
When I had first seen this piece of work in Saatchi I had that aesthetic quality in a quirky way. it seemed full of culture .it was the building looked like a Muslim settlement. there was even Arabic music playing within one of the small room. I  didn’t really know what the work was about until I had seen all of the buildings. Whereby one of the buildings had a great wall and contained a small solider guarding it. This is where I had realized that it was connected with the Gaza and Israel conflict. Hourani was suggesting the future of Palestine in relation to Israel. whereby Palestine had many refuge camps along side Israel lived in luxury. 
I had created a piece of installation whereby it contained small sectioned rooms. Each room depicted a sense of culture almost a tour of the different toilets in the world.i had used Britain as one of the rooms which consisted of cigarettes as I remember at school we use always smoke in the toilets. They he has inspired is not his subject matter in fact the layout the whole idea of a miniature world . 



No comments:

Post a Comment